Event : State of Mind
Venue : Baildon RUFC
Date : Tuesday 10th March
Time : 19:00 - 20:30
State of Mind Sport Session outline : Normally, two ex-professional sportsmen from Rugby League will present the session and will use their knowledge and experience of life as professional sportsmen, including their personal lived experience of mental health problems, to raise awareness about mental fitness and well being issues in sport and relate this to your team. During the session each presenter will share with the audience their personal story, which has proven a powerful means of getting the key messages across with real impact. All our sessions are clinically developed and quality assured through our clinical trustees.
The key objectives of the typically 40 minute sessions are to:
- Describe the symptoms of anxiety and depressed moods
- Discuss issues of suicide prevention
- List the signs of potential alcohol and drug misuse
- Share information to improve mental fitness and well being
- Consider setting of goals and measures for overcoming adversity
- Emphasise the importance of being part of a team supporting each other and how this translates from playing sport to the workplace
- Encourage looking out for and responding to mates who might be experiencing problems.
We try to engage the audience in what is typically a challenging subject, particularly for men, and we will allow time for Q&A at the end of each session
Obviously in the current environment this is a really topical subject, so the more people we can get to attend the stronger the Baildon family will become.
Book a place: https://www.facebook.com/events/511737266147103/